November 5, 2009
House to Vote on SqueakerCare Saturday
I have an annoying feeling about this. It's almost a cead cert that the Democrats will find enough votes this Saturday, November 7th, to pass Squeaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's (D-Haight-Ashbury, 100%) version of ObamaCare.
I hereby dub thee SqueakerCare, to distinguish thee from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's (D-NV, 70%) version, PinkyCare.
But it's the way I suspect it will happen that irks me. Darn this precognition!
Here is my Nostradamus-like prophecy:
- San Fran Nan needs 218 votes (50.1% of 435 representatives) to pass SqueakerCare out of the House.
- There will probably be 256 Democrats in the House on Saturday.
- So when the roll is called, and if no Republican votes for SqueakerCare, the Democrats can lose no more than 38 of their members and still pass the bill with 218 Dems.
- Therefore, I predict that at least forty of the Democrats will defect...
Good news? No -- lousy news!
- Yet the bill will pass anyway -- because two or three Republicans are sure to vote for it, thus saving the day for the Democrats -- and even allowing Pelosi to claim it's a "bipartisan" victory.
Why? Because they're Republicans, and there are always a handful who just can't contain themselves when they see a chance to betray their party, betray their principles, and betray their constituents.
See, they prove their "independence" by slavishly voting the Democratic line, just to demonstrate that they're not bound by party loyalty. (This of course makes them just as robotic as if they were; only they robotically gainsay anything the conservatives say.)
Net effect: The bill passes, but more Democrats are able to distance themselves from it and therefore maintain a veneer of respectable independence, so they might get reelected in 2010.
Bloody contrarian boneheads.
Hatched by Dafydd on this day, November 5, 2009, at the time of 1:40 AM
TrackBack URL for this hissing: http://biglizards.net/mt3.36/earendiltrack.cgi/4025
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference House to Vote on SqueakerCare Saturday:
» Only One GOPsmacked Fool! from The Greenroom
Today, the House of Representatives passed the aptly named SqueakerCare bill… “aptly named” for two reasons: It was introduced, and the favorable vote extorted, by Squeaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-Haight-Ashbury, 100%); It squea... [Read More]
Tracked on November 7, 2009 11:20 PM
Post a comment
Thanks for hissing in, . Now you can slither in with a comment, o wise. (sign out)(If you haven't hissed a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Hang loose; don't shed your skin!)
© 2005-2009 by Dafydd ab Hugh - All Rights Reserved