September 9, 2009
Barack Obama: Laff Riot at the U.N. Circus
President Barack H. Obama now embraces the ever-helpful, America-loving United Nations in yet another mirror-reversal of George W. Bush; it seems that all Obama can do is take the polar opposite position from his predecessor -- except when he's following in Bush's footsteps so closely, he leaves no tracks of his own. Either way, everything Obama does is determined by what Bush did, either mimicking or gainsaying.
The Obamacle's enthusiastic predictions of the miracles he will perform, the wonders that will unfold when he, the One Everybody on Planet Earth Has Been Waiting for, takes command of a U.N. Security Council meeting are so surreal and godlike that Michael Jackson might have put such things in one of his music videos. Obama plans to...
- Disarm the world of nuclear weapons -- after which the ogres of the world, unafraid of defenses or retaliations that no longer exist, will not fall upon the weak like vultures upon the crucified, but rather will embrace their erstwhile enemies and extend the hand of true brotherhood.
- Conclude a climate deal in Copenhagen in December -- whereupon the Senate will instantly ratify Kyoto II, even though it refused to ratify Kyoto I by a non-binding vote of 95 to 0.
- Host a meeting (date uncertain) between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel and President Mahmoud Abbas of a non-existent but real-sounding "nation" called the Palestinian Authority, bringing about "a breakthrough about a timetable for Middle East peace." The starting gun for the timetable will be the PA recognizing the existence of Israel as a Jewish state... any day now.
- "Mr Obama gave Tehran a September deadline to reply to his offer of negotiations." ...Which Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will gratefully join, negotiate in good faith to dismantle the Iranian WMD programs and terrorist infrastructure, after the golden teleprompter of the One persuades the Shiite revolutionaries to abandon Twelverism and join the community of truly free and democratic nations.
- After which, Obamoses will part the Red Ink, lead the wage slaves out of America to the promised land (Sweden), heal the sick with the government option, and drown the Republican multitudes beneath the waves.
The most hilarious element of all this hoopla is that Mr. Obama, I am convinced, actually believes that he will accomplish all of this -- probably before the 2010 elections, so that Democrats will actually gain even more seats in Congress: Each new setback seems only to strengthen Obama's grandiosity and megalomania. Soon, Obama will become like unto warty bliggens the toad:
to what act of yours
do you impute
this interest on the part
of the creator
of the universe
i asked him
why is it that you
are so greatly favoured
said warty bliggens
what the universe has done to deserve me
When it all comes crashing down around the elephantine ears of B.O., he'll do the manly thing: Blame George W. Bush for "poisoning the well."
As a citizen of the United States, I dread the next two years; as a fictioneer, I can't wait to watch them unravel.
Hatched by Dafydd on this day, September 9, 2009, at the time of 12:02 AM
TrackBack URL for this hissing: http://biglizards.net/mt3.36/earendiltrack.cgi/3872
The following hissed in response by: snochasr
I have long been curious as to how liberals and their misleaders can continue to self-delude in the face of so much obvious reality, and what will happen to them when what seems like the inevitable awakening occurs. You have offered the explanation that it is never, ever, their fault when reality does not comport with their expectations. The other is that, whatever it was they said, they never said it-- they simply deny the reality, aided by their innate and amazing ability to make both past and future anything they wish it to be, at any given moment. Sure, the Palestinians and Israelis don't get along /now/ but after I speak to them, they will. So it is said, so it must be, and so it was.
The following hissed in response by: Geoman
Denial runs through the liberal heart, and not through Egypt as is commonly supposed.
"Yeah but" is how every liberal starts and ends his day.
The following hissed in response by: Bart Johnson
I just realized that President Obama is really a Cylon. (Not sure how to spell that.)
Recall the scene where the Cylon was demonstrating that they can see whatever they want, regardless
of reality. It's not clear how they keep from running into things, but it worked for them.
Clearly, the President has some form of The Cone of Silence that protects him from seeing or hearing
anything unpleasant. Similar to the sunglasses described in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
The following hissed in response by: Roy Lofquist
What I found most significant in the speech was his explicit attack on Sarah Palin - "death panels", "lies". The little lady has scared the bejesus out of them.
Post a comment
Thanks for hissing in, . Now you can slither in with a comment, o wise. (sign out)(If you haven't hissed a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Hang loose; don't shed your skin!)
© 2005-2009 by Dafydd ab Hugh - All Rights Reserved