June 11, 2007
Once again, I flail, I flounder behind the times...
This week's winners were --
Among the Clowncil
- 3 Spies and Six Days, by Soccer Dad.
Commemorating the 40th anniversary of the Six-Day War.
Among the Playity
- Four Modest Proposals for Getting Out of Iraq, by Dan Simmons. (Is that the same chap who wrote Song of Kali? Why, yes it is, along with many other later novels.)
In which Mr. S. outs himself as a non-liberal, at least one one seminal subject...
My own disregarded picks...
I was truly shut out this time: Not only did none of my picks do well, but my own nomination -- Salvation à la Mode -- got only one vote... and that one was for runner up! That's the lowest possible score that isn't a complete doughnut. Yeesh!
My post was about the stunning rejection of al-Qaeda by the Iraqi Sunnis, now spreading to three provinces. Nothing to see here, folks, just move along...
For the Council, I voted as follows:
- Smelt Stink, by Cheat Seeking Missiles: The insanity of environmental extremism;
- Tweedle, by Done With Mirrors: Along the same theme, extremism in defense of anything is extreme.
And for the non-Council blogs, thus:
- RCTV Protests Spread To Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City, by Publius Pundit: A brilliant piece of photo-journalism on the widespread and widespreading protests against Oogo Chavez in Venezuela;
- The End of the Bushes?, by Captain's Quarters: The post-Bush Republican Party.
Where to find the complete list compiled by the ever-vigilant and perspicacious Watcher of Weasels
Hatched by Dafydd on this day, June 11, 2007, at the time of 12:44 AM
TrackBack URL for this hissing: http://biglizards.net/mt3.36/earendiltrack.cgi/2165
The following hissed in response by: k2aggie07
Dan Simmons was the author of that most excellent short story about the Time Traveler last year. Enjoy!
The above hissed in response by: k2aggie07 at June 11, 2007 1:01 PM
The following hissed in response by: Callimachus
Very clever title. And thanks for the vote.
The above hissed in response by: Callimachus at June 11, 2007 5:45 PM
Post a comment
Thanks for hissing in, . Now you can slither in with a comment, o wise. (sign out)(If you haven't hissed a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Hang loose; don't shed your skin!)
© 2005-2009 by Dafydd ab Hugh - All Rights Reserved