July 10, 2009

Is ABC Tappering Off Obamania? Heck No!

Today, ABC's Jake Tapper stoops to rebut the charge that President Barack H. Obama ogled a sixteen year old Brazilian girl in L'Aquila, Italy.

Tapper struggles manfully to suggest the president was merely looking down to help wife Michelle down some steep steps; Tapper even posts video of the incident -- but is forced to conclude "Although: not everyone agrees. Judge for yourself."

All right; judge! (I can't embed it here; you must go to the link.)

To be fair to Tapper, it's clearly a humorous piece; the laughter in the background may be his colleagues in the newsroom during whichever show broadcast this clip. Still and all, I find it interesting that ABC continues to see itself as an adjunct PR firm for the administration. Somehow I doubt such a video would have been released -- even as humor! -- on behalf of George W. Bush's reputation and marriage...

My own take: It looks to me as if his first glance was absolutely at the girl's gluteus maxi-maximus. Then he seems to realize what he's doing and that he's doing it directly in front of his wife... so he turns it into a "let me help you down these steps, Michelle ma belle" move -- much like when you think you see a friend and raise your hand in a preliminary wave, then abruptly realize it's a total stranger, so you seamlessly turn it into a quick brush to "smooth down" your hair.

Hey, I'd've looked at her too... and I don't give a hoot if she's only sixteen. I wouldn't date her (not even were I single), but I won't censor my eyeballs!

Hatched by Dafydd on this day, July 10, 2009, at the time of 4:21 PM

TrackBack URL for this hissing: http://biglizards.net/mt3.36/earendiltrack.cgi/3751

Comments

The following hissed in response by: SkyWatch

Actually there is a comparison with Bush. I can not remember the articles but it was in the last year or so of his presidentsy.

He was at a womens volleyball tournment and one of the young adult women turned around and showed him her 'Tramp Stamp'. A tatoo in the small of her back so he checked it out.

I remember the picture making the rounds for a bit.

The above hissed in response by: SkyWatch [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 10, 2009 8:50 PM

The following hissed in response by: Collaborator

That's not Michelle is it?

The above hissed in response by: Collaborator [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 11, 2009 6:48 AM

The following hissed in response by: kimsch

When I saw that it was Michelle, I thought, no that wasn't Michelle. Then I saw the still shot again and thought, with that skirt, it's probably Michelle. Then watching the video, that doesn't look like Michelle at all.

I am so confused.

The above hissed in response by: kimsch [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 11, 2009 9:25 AM

The following hissed in response by: nk

No, it's not Michelle. It's another J8 attendee.

The above hissed in response by: nk [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 11, 2009 3:02 PM

The following hissed in response by: Pyrran

If you had a choice of looking at Michelle Obama or Mayara Tavares, which would YOU choose?
No contest. Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu.

The above hissed in response by: Pyrran [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 11, 2009 9:06 PM