April 8, 2009

We'll Be the Jug of That!

Via Politico, it appears that the White House now denies that President Barack H. Obama bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia:

The White House is denying that the president bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia at a G-20 meeting in London, a scene that drew criticism on the right and praise from some Arab outlets.

"It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," said an Obama aide, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The White House line is that Obama did not bow; heavens, no real American would bow to a foreign king, emperor, sultan, or other potentate! Rather, it's merely that Barack H. Obama is a giant, a colossus among men, who bestrides the world like Ozymandias (I mean the Percy Bysshe Shelly poem)... whereas Abdullah is a wizened, shrunken old gnome with bootblack in his beard, whose cranium barely rises to the height of the One's majestic sternum. Obama didn't bow... he merely condescended to lower himself to the king's Lilliputian stature so that the latter wouldn't get a crick in his neck looking heavenwards to behold the beaming countenance. You see.

Aha, but the fact is, we can see. We can see right here:

I've watched it several times now. Barack, baby -- that was a bow. The president bends low from the waist until his head is beneath that of the king, who accepts the homage graciously (while remaining erect himself).

(And by the way, Abdullah actually looks to be only about four or five inches shorter than Obama, six at most... probably as tall as I; would the Lightbringer bow to me if we met?)

Perhaps now that the White House has denied the claim, albeit dishonestly, the elite media will finally bow to reality and show the damned clip on TV. You think?

Hatched by Dafydd on this day, April 8, 2009, at the time of 2:55 PM

TrackBack URL for this hissing: http://biglizards.net/mt3.36/earendiltrack.cgi/3568

Comments

The following hissed in response by: Dick E

Dafydd-

The anonymous White House aide’s explanation is, of course, balderdash.

There is a frame in the video at 5 seconds where a camera flash pops. In that frame you can clearly see The One’s left hand resting on the front of his left thigh. A second later, after the “bow” is complete, you can see his left hand rise from his thigh to meet Abdullah’s hand; this too can be confirmed by stopping at the appropriate frame. The two-handed shake occurred after the damage was done.

I put “bow” in quotes above because it is about the most awkward excuse for a bow I have ever seen. Did he intentionally feign awkwardness in order to establish deniability? Or was it a spur-of-the-moment gesture that received no forethought? The former would require diabolically devious thinking -- and to what end? I think it was just another ad hoc stumble like the Obamacon’s numerous verbal ones.

Our foreign relations are in wonderfully capable hands.

The above hissed in response by: Dick E [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 8, 2009 5:30 PM

The following hissed in response by: Hal

"Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"

The above hissed in response by: Hal [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 9, 2009 4:04 AM

The following hissed in response by: Geoman

Sheesh.

Am I the only one who notices the second, little bow, he does after the big bow? I mean he does not one, but two bows! Or was the second time just the duck and weave, the shuck and jive?

He obviously didn't have a clue what to do. "He's a king? Do I bow or what? Uh, shake hands? Uh....kinda a bow handshake with a little bow to follow? My inclination is to bow. But that can't be right. Uh can it?"

Obama - it looks like a bow. Maybe you didn't intend it (and that is being very generous), or maybe you made a quick mental slip, but whatever -it is hugely embarassing. Apologize. Now. Ya freakin' tool.

The above hissed in response by: Geoman [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 9, 2009 11:59 AM

The following hissed in response by: Terry Gain

His torso was at about a 45 degree angle and his right knee noticeably bent. It was closer to a genuflection than a bow. Unlike Bush's kisses and hand holding, which were acts of friendship, this was an act of reverence- so much so that you'd think he was greeting an Ayatollah.

I've changed my mind. I now want Obaman to meet with Ahmadinejad - so long as it takes place in public.

The above hissed in response by: Terry Gain [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 9, 2009 3:26 PM

The following hissed in response by: Jewel Atkins

Does anyone believe that it will be the littlest of things that undoes this presidency? I'm inclined to think that we won't allow for another Mogadishu or Iranian hostage crisis. That the president seems hell bent on making nice with the enemy bodes ill for us all. And that the FBI is now calling an act of war a crime scene is even more mindnumbing. Where will it all end I wonder.

The above hissed in response by: Jewel Atkins [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 11, 2009 7:05 PM